- Special Event: Season and Court Opening
Friday, April 23, 5pm - Dusk. Neighborhood Block Party and Volunteer Awards to kick of the 2010 tennis season. Free Tennis Clinics. Prizes. Music by DJ Turnstyles.
- USTA Quickstart Tennis Workshop. Saturday, May 1, 1PM.
- Club Leagues: Club Leagues Begin on Saturdays and Sundays..
- Special Event: French Open at Frick Park Tennis Celebration
29. A Classic Wood Racquets Tournament and an Exhibition Matches mark this celebration of grand slam tennis on red clay in Pittsburgh, paying homage to the outstanding tradition of tennis at Frick Park.
- Red Clay LADDER begins June 1st. First sign up as a FPCCTC member, and indicate you would like to play in the 2010 ladder - we will add your contact info and you'll start playing right away. Playoffs for the ladder will be held as part of the Doc Green and Bud Wechsler Club Doubles Tournament in August. Nice!
- PTR Cardio Tennis Workshop. Rescheduled for Fall 2010.
- USTA Recreational Coach Workshop - Postponed due to rain...
Sunday June 6, 9AM-3:30PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register. All coaches and players aver very welcome.
- Club Tournament: Menís and Womenís Singles Club Member Tournament.
Saturday-Sunday, June 12-13. Free entry for club member players of all levels. Competition on Saturday and Sunday for prizes and fun.
- Free Clinics: Quickstart Beginner Tennis Clinics for Children and Adults, starting June 13.
Sundays Noon-1PM. Sponsored by USTA and Tennis Patrons Foundation of Greater Pittsburgh. No registration required.
Open Tournament: Frick Park Red Clay Junior Open - Click for Results.
Wednesday, June 30 - Sunday, July 4. Presented by PNC Bank. USTA sanctioned. Boys and Girls, Ages 14&U, 12&U, 10&U. Full Consolation Singles Draws. Registrations available online: http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments See results and photos from
- Open Tournament: Paul G. Sullivan Clay Court Championships.
Wednesday, July 14 - Sunday, July 25. Adults 16 and over. The former Pittsburgh Parks Championships, first held in 1930 at the Frick Park clay courts, is co-presented by Citiparks Tennis and the Frick Park Clay Court Tennis Club. Online Registration coming in June 2010. Recent Tournaments: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007.
- Club Tournament: Doc Greene and Bud Wechsler Doubles Tournament. Saturday
and Sunday Sep 4-5. Competition for all levels, including beginners and intermediates. Free entry for all club members and new signups.
|Doc Greene and Bud Wechsler 2010 Results
Saturday Mixed B Doubles - 14 teams
Champions - Howard B/ Karen E
Finalists - Paul S/Joan S
Saturday Mixed A Doubles - 4 teams
Champions - Marjorie F/Bud C
Finalists - Dara/Nick R
Sunday Men's B Doubles - 6 teams
Champions - Howard B/Allen B
Finalists - Jerry P/Tim B
Sunday Women's B Doubles - 5 players
Top Doubles player - Maureen C
2nd Doubles Player - Dara
Sunday Men's A Doubles - 6 teams
Champions - Mark C/Nick R
Finalists - Jeff W/Jose M
- Club Tournament: Third Annual Fall Season Club Member Tournament. Dates to be announced. . Held with the beauty of fall colors at Frick Park all around the courts. Free entry for all club members.
All SPECIAL EVENTS are FREE and OPEN to the public.
Photo by Jose Mieres
Photo by Kambiz Doonboli.
Collage by Jose Mieres.
Photo by Kambiz Doonboli