Download One Page PDF Versions:
[April to July] [Events for Youth]
- Special Event: Season and Court Opening
Saturday, April 30, 4pm - 6pm. Neighborhood Block Party and Volunteer Awards to kick of the 2010 tennis season. Free Tennis Clinics. Prizes. Music by DJ Turnstyles.
- Club Leagues: Club Leagues Begin on Saturdays and Sundays..
- Special Event: French Open at Frick Park Tennis Celebration
Saturday, June 4. A Classic Wood Racquets Tournament and an Exhibition Matches mark this celebration of grand slam tennis on red clay in Pittsburgh, paying homage to the outstanding tradition of tennis at Frick Park.
- Free Clinics: Quickstart Beginner Tennis Clinics for Children 10 and Under starting June 5.
Sundays Noon-1 pm. Beginner Quickstart for 10 and Under. Sponsored by USTA and Tennis Patrons Foundation of Greater Pittsburgh. No registration required.
- Red Clay LADDERs begins June 15.
First sign up as a FPCCTC member, and indicate you would like to play in the 2011 ladder - we will add your contact info and you'll start playing right away.
- USTA Advanced Junior Clinics
Boys and Girls 10-16 - Sundays June 5, 12, 19, and 26. Noon to 2 pm, except June 12, 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Mike Salmon of Alpha Tennis and Fitness will be leading advanced junior clinics, which are for players to learn the ins and outs of tournament play and to have practice time and training on red clay.
- PTR Cardio-TIA Tennis Workshop for advanced players, tennis instructors and coaches.
9 am to 3 pm, Sunday, June 12. For more information or to register, please click here.
- Junior Tennis Camp Boys and Girls 16&U, 14&U, 12&U. Monday - Tuesday June 27 - 28, 9 am to 3 pm.
- Open Tournament: Frick Park Red Clay Junior Open
June 29 - July 3. USTA sanctioned. Boys and Girls, Ages 16&U, Ages 14&U, 12&U. Full Consolation Singles Draws. Registrations will be available online: http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments See results and photos from 2010 Tournament; 2009 Tournament.
- Club Tournament: Men’s and Women’s Singles Club Member Tournament.
TBA. Free entry for club member players of all levels. Competition on Saturday and Sunday for prizes and fun.
- Open Tournament: Paul G. Sullivan Clay Court Championships.
July 14 - July 25. Adults 16 and over. The former Pittsburgh Parks Championships, first held in 1930 at the Frick Park clay courts, is co-presented by Citiparks Tennis and the Frick Park Clay Court Tennis Club. Online Registration coming in June 2010. Recent Tournaments: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007.
- Club Tournament: Tennis Village Men's and Women's Singles Tournament. September 3-4. Free entry for club member players of all levels. Free entry for all club members and new signups. Competition on Saturday and Sunday for prizes and fun.
- Club Tournament: Doc Greene and Bud Wechsler Doubles Tournament. September 24-25. Competition for all levels. Free entry for all club members and new signups. Competition on Saturday and Sunday for prizes and fun.
- Club Tournament: Third Annual Fall Season Club Member Tournament. October 29. Held with the beauty of fall colors at Frick Park all around the courts. Free entry for all club members.
All SPECIAL EVENTS are FREE and OPEN to the public.
Photo by Jose Mieres
Photo by Kambiz Doonboli.
Collage by Jose Mieres.
Photo by Kambiz Doonboli