How to Join
- All club members beginners (<3.0) to advanced 4.5 are welcome to join.
- Please send your name, e-mail address, USTA rating (if any), and a phone number where you can be reached to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be registered within an online Tennis Engine which maintains the scores and rankings.
- Your ladder participation is free with your 2011 player membership. Nice!
- This year there will be TWO ladders: a Red Clay Coed Singles Ladder (3rd Year) and a Red Clay Ladies Ladder (1st Year). Ladies may sign up for either (or both) ladders.
- You can view the current standings for the Coed Ladder or the Ladies Ladder without registering/
- Once registered, log in to the tennis engine to schedule your matches and update your personal information.
Rules of the Ladder
The rules for PLAYING MATCHES for this Ladder:
- All matches held at the Frick Park Red Clay Tennis Courts, 800 South Braddock Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15221.
- All matches are best two out of three 6-game sets. A 10 point tie-break must be played in lieu of a third set (no 3rd set). Third set tie-breaks should be entered as 7-6, regardless of the actual score.
- Use regular game scoring with ads.
- All players must be FPCCTC members for the year 2011.
- Play will occur from June 1st to October 1st (dates subject to change).
- Players can play as few and as many matches as they like.
- This ladder is coed and is open to beginners to advanced players.
- All matches are singles.
- Players as asked to use clay court balls marked "Regular Duty" or "All Court" - see Clay Tips HERE.
The TIMES and DAYS for Matches:
- Players contact each other to arrange match times - your contact information is available only to current ladder players.
- During the regular ladder season you can play matches with anyone on the ladder, and not necessarily from your own playing level. It is nice to have matches with players better than you and those not as good as you. This will give you a variety of matches and help improve your game.
- In order to make efficient use of the clay courts, please consider holding your matches as much as possible:
- Weekdays, any day, anytime.
- Saturdays Noon to Dusk.
- Sundays 5PM to Dusk.
- Ladder players contact each other and agree on a day and time to play a ladder match.
- Ladder players use the Frick clay courts only as they become available, and observe the same order of play as the general public.
- Match winner agrees to upload result to tennis engine within 24 hrs.
The Ladder PLAYOFFS and PRIZES:
- The year-end tournament among the top participants at each level, who have played at least 4 different players in ladder matches.
- Additional awards will be given to the most active ladder players.
That's it. These are the initial rules; Changes to the rules and updates will be posted here.
Please email email@example.com with any questions of suggestions. They are always appreciated!
See winners from previous years: 2010, 2009.
Have a great summer on the Frick Park clay